Shopee Rounds Off A Memorable 12.12 Birthday Sale Alongside Shoppers, Businesses & Local Communities
Users also brought a smile to local businesses, with 9 in 10 shoppers buying from a local seller this 12.12.
Shopee, the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan, concluded the region’s most joyful year-end celebration, 12.12 Birthday Sale, with visits surging 6 times on 12 December compared to an average day. Shopee users also enjoyed the best deals and rewards on their holiday shopping, with over 850 million Shopee vouchers claimed on 12.12.
Zhou Junjie, Chief Commercial Officer, Shopee said, “We are heartened to have closed the year on a positive note, with a successful 12.12 Birthday Sale, the finale of Shopee’s year-end shopping festivals. At this year’s 12.12 celebrations, we were glad to have spread joy to all our users by bringing shoppers the best deals and boosting the visibility of more businesses. 2021 has been a year of accelerated digitalisation and we are thankful for all the support from our users. As we move into 2022, we look forward to helping even more shoppers, businesses, and wider communities access the benefits of e-commerce.”
Catered to all shopping needs in the holiday season
Shoppers delighted in hunting for the best gifts for themselves and their loved ones during this holiday season. On 12 December, products such as Face Masks and Activities & Events vouchers were the most popular among shoppers in Singapore. Shoppers turned to ShopeePay as their preferred payment method, with an 11-time uplift in the number of orders made via ShopeePay, compared to an average day.
Amidst the 12.12 celebrations, Singaporean users came together to enjoy a wide range of entertainment on Shopee. Shopee’s 12.12 TVC was viewed over 4.5 million times online in Singapore, as users danced along to International Superstar Jackie Chan’s action-packed moves. At the same time, over 100 million gameplays were recorded on Shopee Prizes, as users enjoyed more fun and rewards across 12.12.
Accelerated growth for local businesses amidst 12.12 celebrations
Shoppers also spread the holiday cheer to their favourite local businesses at 12.12, with 9 in 10 users shopping from local sellers. In addition, at the #ShopeeCelebratesLocal campaign, users voted for their favourite local businesses with The Mini Collectibles emerging as the crowd favourite. The seller shared her heartwarming story on Shopee Live on 9 Dec, explaining how she was able to craft miniatures for so many years because of passion and patience, and with the support of many Singaporeans who appreciate her art. The Mini Collectibles won the hearts of users and took home $1,212 in Shopee Vouchers.
ShopeePay also enabled more users to connect with offline merchants during the 12.12 period. With over 500,000 purchases made through Deals Near Me, Shopee’s location-based online-to-offline feature, offline retailers enjoyed a boost in footfall as users redeemed their payment vouchers in-store.
Connected more shoppers to brands
This 12.12 Birthday sale, users soaked up the holiday spirit as they shopped for the best gifts from their favourite brands on Shopee, with orders on Shopee Mall surging 14 times from an average day. At the same time, brands on Shopee Mall also connected with new shoppers at 12.12, with 1 in 8 users being first-time Mall shoppers.
12.12 Birthday Sale highlights in Singapore
- Catered to unique shopper needs:
- Singaporeans eagerly anticipated year-end deals at 12.12 Birthday Sale, with Skincare, Mobile Accessories and Housekeeping Items being the most popular.
- Shopee Supermarket also continued to be the preferred one-stop-shop for daily and essentials, with top products being Beverages, Snacks and Groceries.
- Brought users the best in entertainment:
- Users were treated to an energetic and upbeat performance by Tomorrow X Together on Shopee Live where they sang hit songs Loser Lover, Anti Romantic, Love Song and Crown. Two lucky winners took home their autographed albums.
- Shoppers also counted down to the 12.12 Birthday Sale during Shopee’s countdown stream on 11 Dec and participated in the lineup of exciting activities like Check Out or Drop Out, Shopee Live Quiz and Mega Auction to win plenty of coins and giveaways, worth up to $10,000.
- Drove greater convenience and rewards with ShopeePay:
- Shoppers turned to ShopeePay for all their online shopping needs and enjoyed a rewarding payment experience, claiming 13 times more ShopeePay vouchers on 12.12, compared to an average day.