Shopee Excites Shoppers And Uplifts Businesses With New Record Of Over 2 Billion Items Sold Across 11.11 Big Sale
Local sellers saw a massive boost, with orders surging 18 times for those taking part in the sale for the first time.
Shopee, the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan sets two new records at the year’s largest shopping festival, 11.11 Big Sale. With a huge array of irresistible deals, shoppers across the region bought over 2 billion items throughout the festival period, smashing its previous record in 2020. Excitement peaked on 11 November, with visits spiking 5.5 times in the first two hours compared to an average day.
Zhou Junjie, Chief Commercial Officer, Shopee said, “It brings us great joy to see the impact of our 11.11 Big Sale on shoppers, businesses and our local communities. The digital economy continues to present many opportunities for growth, and we want to enable more people to benefit from this growth by increasing e-commerce adoption and helping more consumers and businesses come online. At the same time, we are humbled that we can use our platform to give back to the wider community and support those in need. We look forward to creating more impact for our users in the months ahead.”
Helping more shoppers access, benefit from the digital economy
11.11 Big Sale encouraged more people to access and enjoy the benefits of online shopping, particularly those outside major cities where digital awareness has been relatively lower. This resulted in a 5 times increase in the number of shoppers from rural and smaller towns, who were able to enjoy the convenience of accessing a wider variety of products on Shopee.
Beyond convenience, 11.11 Big Sale also brought shoppers and businesses closer together. More than 3.5 billion messages were sent on the in-app Shopee Chat across the 11.11 period, as shoppers were able to interact live with sellers and get more information prior to making their purchases.
As a secure and seamless mobile wallet, ShopeePay continued to accelerate the adoption of digital payments at the 11.11 Big Sale. Across the region, more shoppers used ShopeePay to pay for their Shopee orders seamlessly, especially outside big cities where ShopeePay transactions grew 9 times from an average day.
Creating a record boost for businesses of all sizes
For businesses in the region, the 11.11 Big Sale was a springboard for growth and recovery. Local sellers benefited from the spike in shopping activity, with those joining 11.11 for the first time seeing their orders on 11 November soar 18 times compared to an average day.
Additionally, Shopee Mall continued to attract many shoppers who were drawn to attractive offers and exclusive deals from their favourite brands at 11.11. Many shoppers took the opportunity to indulge in premium beauty and fashion items, where Shopee Premium brands saw sales surge by an average of 50 times on 11 November compared to the week before.
11.11 Big Sale highlights in Singapore
- Shoppers bought everything on Shopee: Users in Singapore were eagerly anticipating the unbeatable deals at 11.11 Big Sale to meet all their needs, from branded items to daily household essentials. A user spent over $25,000 in a single order, buying camera equipment and football-related merchandise.
- Shopee Supermarket is the preferred one-stop shop for groceries and essentials: Shopee Supermarket continues to provide a wide assortment of products at the best prices. At 11.11 Big Sale, more Singaporeans bought Snacks and Beverages, Home Care Supplies and Food Staples.
- Demand for Beauty & Personal Care continued to grow with over 250,000 skincare products sold at 11.11 Big Sale this year.
- Shoppers found endless fun and joy throughout 11.11 Big Sale: Live streaming continued to be a core part of the online shopping experience. 300,000 hours of live streams were watched on Shopee Live across the 11.11 sales period, as users connected with sellers and caught NCT 127 and other top stars live on Shopee. 175 million plays were recorded on Shopee Prizes in Singapore, as users enjoyed more fun and rewards across the 11.11 sales period.
- ShopeePay brought more rewards to users, serves more payment needs: This 11.11, more shoppers used ShopeePay for greater convenience, security and value. Through ‘Deals near Me’, Shopee’s location-based feature, shoppers enjoyed seamless payments both online and offline, discovered the best deals offered by merchants nearby and showed their support for them with over 2.5 million offline payment vouchers claimed.
For those who missed 11.11, the biggest sale of the year, look out for more great savings during the 11.11 Thank You Sale from 12 - 14 Nov with extended 18% cashback, up to $30 off vouchers, $0.10 deals and more.