The Future of Work is Remote
Employers agree, the hybrid workplace is the future
Randstad today released “The Future of Work is Remote” white paper based on the data from Randstad’s Employer Brand Research (REBR) - the most comprehensive independent global research on employer branding - and qualitative interviews with 16 founders and HR leaders from start-ups to multinational corporations across Hong Kong SAR, Malaysia and Singapore.
“The Future of Work is Remote” white paper provides unique insights into the world of work and gives an understanding of employee and job seekers’ motivations in a post-pandemic world. With Randstad’s long and successful track record in delivering employer branding insights since 2000, the white paper aims to help companies shape their employer branding as well as talent attraction and retention strategies to capitalise on the rapid market recovery.
Featured in the white paper and according to Randstad’s 2021 Employer Brand Research, at least 1 in 3 respondents across the Asia Pacific saw their employment situation changed.
% of survey respondents who were either furloughed became unemployed or worked different hours than usual due to the pandemic
(based on 2021 REBR data)
The challenges ahead for the human resources community
When reorienting an entire workforce from an office-based setup to a hybrid or remote arrangement, the question for employers is less of a “why” and more of a “how-to”.
HR leaders accustomed to a fixed, in-office culture must now face the challenge of envisioning and enabling the transition into a new work model. Here are the top 4 challenges HR leaders may face in the process:
- Implementing new HR policies to accommodate flexible work
- Adjusting leadership style for the new normal
- Communicating effectively across a hybrid workspace
- Creating an environment where it’s genuinely safe and acceptable to work remotely
The future of work is remote white paper is now available
The 2021 Randstad white paper covers the following topics:
- Adjusting your teams and workforce to remote work
- Redesigning your office workplace
- Building trust and leading your hybrid workforce
- Navigating a hybrid learning & development environment
- Embracing new organisational technology to nurture an innovative culture