4As Waives Up To 100% Membership Levy For Its Members
We need to remain passionate with our work and to be more creative in finding solutions
The Association of Accredited Advertising Agents Malaysia (4As) has announced that it will reduce and, in some cases, waive its annual membership levy for 2020, to ameliorate the impact of Covid-19 on its member agencies.
In April, member agencies were given free online access to the IPA Commercial Certificate qualification as a result of the 4As long standing relationship with IPA UK. The membership levy reduction is another way that the 4As is supporting its members during this challenging period.
Agencies with an annual revenue of less than RM3 million will be granted a levy reduction of 100%, while Agencies with an annual revenue of RM9 million and above will be granted a levy reduction of 25%. All other member agencies will receive either a 50% or 75% levy reduction, depending on their revenue tier.
Andrew Lee, 4As President, said that “As a result of the reductions, the 4As will forgo an estimated 55% of its 2020 income derived from membership levies. Nevertheless, the 4As Council felt it necessary to extend immediate help to the member Agencies through this initiative.”
“Covid-19 and the resulting extended MCO have put Agencies in a position of making decisions that we have never made before. We need to remain passionate with our work and to be more creative in finding solutions to problems we may not have encountered before. Our clients are also facing the same challenges and pressures that we are. They need us more than ever right now, and we are committed to helping them navigate uncertainty, pivot plans quickly and to offer them support,” he added.
The reduction of Annual Membership Levy 2020 for Ordinary and Associate Members are as follows:
|Agency Revenue (Based on actual 2019 revenue)||Reduction %|
|Revenue below RM1.5m||100%|
|Revenue between RM1.5m – RM2,999,999||100%|
|Revenue between RM3.0m – RM4,499,999||75%|
|Revenue between RM4.5m – RM5,999,999||75%|
|Revenue between RM6.0m – RM7,499,999||50%|
|Revenue between RM7.5m – RM8,999,999||50%|
|Revenue between RM9.0m – RM10,499,999||25%|
|Revenue between RM10.5m – RM11,999,999||25%|
|Revenue between RM12.0m – RM13,499,999||25%|
|Revenue between RM13.5m – RM14,999,999||25%|
|Revenue between RM15.0m – RM16,499,999||25%|
|Revenue above RM16.5m||25%|