Socialbakers: Most Engaging Brands Across Facebook and Instagram 1H 2019
Socialbakers has analysed brands in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand acrossboth Facebook and Instagram.
Forrester probably provides one of the most accurate definitions of engagement, saying that “Engagement is the level of involvement, interaction, intimacy and influence an individual has with a brand over time.” This combined with the fact that social media has seen a meteoric rise in popularity as a marketing platform, has made social media engagement one of the key metrics for any digital campaign as it directly correlates with the number of people who have a relationship with the brand.
Garnering these interactions, however, is a completely different ballgame. The social media space is crammed with brands trying to reach consumers and it can be difficult to create content that can cut through all the noise. Delivering quality content depends on understanding what your customers want from you and how you can provide genuine value. If your customers know that you consistently deliver interesting and relevant content, they’ll stay engaged to make sure they don’t miss out. Such content will also inspire a reactions from your consumers, which will in turn generate brand advocates and increase organic reach as they spread your brand messaging via their social networks.
But creating engaging content is no easy feat. To see who did it best, Socialbakers has analysed brands in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand acrossboth Facebook and Instagram to recognise those who have managed to achieve this much sought after metric to be among the top 10 most engaging brands in the first half of 2019.
Here’s what we found:
- Garnering the most interactions on Facebook in Singapore is Shilla Duty Free, which received more than twice the number of interactions as compared to its closest competitor, Pioneer Car Rental
- The travel and hospitality industry dominated the charts, securing four out of 10 spots. This was led by Rendezvous Hotels which garnered a total of 674,234 interactions
- On Instagram, the retail and e-commerce industry saw the most interactions
- Singapore Airlines has a much stronger presence on Instagram as compared to Facebook
- Viu Singapore managed to retain its middle position within the top 10 for both Instagram and Facebook
- Sorabel is the clear leader in engagement, having almost 1 million more interactions than number 2 on the list, MR DIY.
- Smartfren is one of the few telecom companies in the region that made it to the top 10 in terms of engagement
- The top 3 brands are mostly all local, indicating their content might resonate better than those of international brands due to having a better understanding of the local landscape.
- The top 3 Brands on Instagram are rather even in terms of engagement rate as compared to Facebook, with Super Soccer TV leading the way
- None of the top brands on Facebook made the list on Instagram
- The top 10 brands with the exclusion of Glints Indonesia are all online retailers
- Oh! Media is the definitive leader of the pack, having almost 4 times as many interactions than the next brand in the list, JOOX Malaysia.
- Fashion brands that made the list are all based in Malaysia
- Fashion and retail make up most of the most engaging brands on Instagram
- Vivo Malaysia is the only Electronics brand in the top 10 on Instagram
- The top 3 most engaging brands in Thailand are pretty close in terms of interactions, being led by Lenso Wheels
- Only in Thailand do Auto brands (Lenso Wheels & Raiden Tires) make up 2 of the top 10 most engaging profiles.
- There is a rather even distribution of interactions at the top level of brands within the list
- Retail brands dominate the top of the list (being led by Ari Football) followed by ecommerce (4U2 Cosmetics).
If you would like to find out more or take a closer look at more data, please feel free to reach out to our team.